PerformanceNavigator® On Demand: Diabetes
Improve care among your patient panel with diabetes.
Why take PerformanceNavigator online?
Make meaningful improvements in patient care without travelling far from home. Earn CME while meeting your ABFM Performance Improvement Activities requirement to maximize your time and money.
Interact with fellow family physicians through the Social Learning Community. Ask questions and gain insights into successful interventions and performance improvements. Discuss how faculty and your peers have improved patient outcomes through specific practice improvements across cardiometabolic conditions.
Note: This activity is ideally designed for physicians and nurse practitioners who have a regular patient panel of 20 or more patients. If this minimum requirement is not met, physicians will not be able to receive the 20 Performance Improvement points nor 20 CME credits from the ABFM.
3-Stage On Demand Process
STAGE A: Assess your practice. Identify areas of improvement. Enter baseline chart information and patient surveys. Complete a practice assessment and answer case study questions.
STAGE B: Complete self-study activities and action plan. Improve care for your patients with cardiometabolic diseases with the latest evidence-based education. Benefit from talking through solutions and challenges with fellow family physicians in an online community. Create an action plan to guide practice performance interventions.
Gain efficiency in your practice through a variety of learning activities. Assess your understanding of clinical best practices by viewing 20 Medical Knowledge Assessment videos featuring 15 minute evidence-based best practice and discussion by expert faculty. Track and guide your progress through an online dashboard.
STAGE C: Reassess your practice. Recognize practice improvements, identify areas that need additional work, and reflect on overall practice implementations.
Earn CME Credit
Approved for up to 29.75 AAFP Prescribed credits. View all statements and agreements»
|Performance Improvement Module||20 CME credits|
|Practice-based Education||4.75 CME credits|
|Medical Knowledge Assessment Videos||5 CME credits|
|TOTAL||29.75 CME credits|
- Expert-faculty led on demand video instruction; (downloadable to computers or tablets)
- Instruction for how to transform your practice to improve office processes and patient outcomes
- Access to collaborative online social community group
- View 20 online medical knowledge assessment videos providing evidence-based best practice by expert faculty
- Complete post-tests after each session to claim CME credit.
- As the course requires patient chart input, video learning and a minimum 30 days to implement a personalized action plan, the course will take approximately 20-40 hours over a period of at least 6 weeks up to several months to complete this activity based on learning style and length of action plan.
- Once you log-in to start the course you must finish within one year from that date.
Purchase this Course
AAFP Members - $695
New Physicians - $595
Nurse Practitioners (Allied Health) - $695
Nonmembers - $775
Already purchased this course?
Log in to your AAFP account and choose the online access section to begin or continue your work.
- Latest version of Firefox(www.mozilla.org), Safari(www.apple.com), or Chrome(www.google.com) on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets for online version.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(get.adobe.com).
- Adobe Flash(get.adobe.com) is required to view presentations and videos on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- High-speed broadband connection required for online version.
This Blended Learning activity, PerformanceNavigator On Demand Diabetes, has been reviewed by the American Academy of Family Physicians and has a term of 2/21/2018 - 2/20/2021. This activity is acceptable for up to 29.75 Prescribed credits; the total amount of credit consists of 20 Performance Improvement Prescribed credits and 9.75 Enduring Material Prescribed credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Performance Improvement activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements»
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn twenty (20) Performance Improvement points in the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Family Medicine Certification program.