Musculoskeletal and Sports Care Self-Study Package - 9th Edition
Strengthen Your Care, Help Your Patients Play at Their Best
Designed to help family physicians better diagnose and treat musculoskeletal injuries, the AAFP’s Musculoskeletal and Sports Care Self-Study Package is an evidence-based learning solution built to help you boost your ability to evaluate injured bones or soft tissue to determine the stage and severity of injury and increase your repertoire of physical examination techniques including range of motion, bone alignment, and swelling. The package also includes guidance to promote healthy lifestyle for all types of patients, including geriatric and those living with chronic disease all on a schedule that works best for you—in a variety of formats.
Use this dynamic self-study video tool to better prepare for Sports Medicine module of the ABFM Family Medicine Certification Examination as well as the certification/recertification examination for the Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Sports Medicine. View full topic list »
This self-study package is approved for up to 23.5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
CME credit approved through September 10, 2020.
View all statements and agreements»
- 22 video presentations, 30-60 minutes each
- CME reporting and evaluation option after each presentation
- Interactive interface with QuestionPause™ during presentations
- Full-color, 250-plus page syllabus
- Online post-test*
- Audio CDs of presentations (flash drive and combination packages only)
- Customized learning option with multiple ways to work through the material:
- Continuous Play - audio and video with speaker slides
- QuestionPause Play - simulate the live course environment, answering questions as you go
- Standard CD Play - listen from your home, office, or car (flash drive and combination packages only)
- MP3 Audio - rip to your MP3 player and learn on the go
*Post-test MUST be submitted to claim CME credit.
AAFP member ID or purchase invoice required for post-test log in.
Estimated time to complete package: 24 hours
Choose the format that's right for you:
Flash Drive +
Best value! Online subscription, USB flash drive, and audio CDs. Smartphone/tablet compatible. Includes printed and online color syllabus.
Portable, easy access to all of your self-study materials. Includes an USB flash drive, audio CDs, and printed color syllabus.
Study when and where you want with online access to all your self-study materials. Smartphone/tablet compatible. Includes online color syllabus.
- Athletes with Common Medical Conditions
- Cardiovascular Screening in Young Athletes
- Case Studies (Shoulder and Knee) Evaluations and Management
- Concussion and Return to Play Guidelines
- Dietary and Nutritional Supplements
- Exercise for the Geriatric Patient
- Exercise Prescriptions and New Trends in Training
- Female Athlete Triad
- Lower Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Ankle and Foot)
- Lower Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Hip)
- Lower Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Knee)
- Lower Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Lumbar)
- Osteoarthritis and Sports Participation
- Physician Wellness
- Skin Conditions in Athletics
- STOP Sports Injuries
- Upper Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Cervical)
- Upper Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Elbow)
- Upper Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Hand and Wrist)
- Upper Body Evaluations, Examinations and Injury Management (Shoulder)
- Latest version of Internet Explorer(windows.microsoft.com), Firefox(www.mozilla.org), Safari(www.apple.com), or Chrome(www.google.com) on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(www.adobe.com).
- Adobe Flash(get.adobe.com) is required to view presentations and videos on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- High-speed broadband connection required.
- USB drive
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(www.adobe.com).
This Enduring Material activity, Musculoskeletal and Sports Care 9th Edition, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 23.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 09/11/2017. Term of approval is for 3 years from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit. View more credit agreements »