Wednesday, July 11 - Saturday, July 14, 2018 | San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Women's Health Live Course
Get the most current information on prevalent disease processes and topics that occur in women in a three-and-a-half-day live course. Acquire best practices on relevant clinical topics, including women’s cardiovascular disease, diabetes prevention, contraception management, and more.
Attend Women's Health
Wedneday, July 11 - Saturday, July 14, 2018
San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
AAFP Member - $895
New Physicians - $845
Student or Resident - $645
Allied Health - $895
Nonmember - $1,195
Approved for up to 25.5 AAFP Prescribed credits - 19.5 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in clinical procedural workshops (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive insight into recent women’s health initiatives
- Formulate evaluation and treatment plans related to various health issues throughout a woman’s life cycle.
- Construct an individual wellness plan.
- Discuss the unique aspects of medical care for women.
- Identify and assist victims of physical, emotional, and sexual violence and abuse.
- Differentiate specific issues, disease processes, and treatments based on ethnicity, gender, genetics, and social determinants of health.
Download the complete schedule(4 page PDF), which includes session times, topics, and faculty.
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018|
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018 : 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018 : 2:00 - 5:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018: 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018: 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, July 13, 2018|
|Friday, July 13, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, July 13, 2018 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, July 13, 2018 : 12:30 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, July 13, 2018 : 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
How to Add Clinical Procedural Workshops
Separate registration and fee required to attend a clinical procedural workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a workshop during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a procedural workshop session. Register now »
Evaluation & Biopsy of Skin Lesions
(#101) Thursday, July 12, 2018, 1:45 - 4:45 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, July 13, 2018, 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- Evaluate options for skin biopsy, including shave punch, and excisional biopsies.
- Compare appropriate biopsy selections for skin lesions depending upon the type of lesion and its expected depth.
- Demonstrate knowledge of performing shave, punch, and excisional biopsies.
- Choose preferred suturing methods for wound closure.
- Discuss performance of local anesthesia with minimal pain and maximum effectiveness for patients.
IUDs & Other Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) – Hands On IUD Practice
(#102) Thursday, July 12, 2018, 1:45 - 4:45 p.m. (SOLD OUT) or
(#104) Friday, July 13, 2018, 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- Summarize the benefits and risks of LARC devices.
- Explain the evidence-based recommendation for the provision of immediate postpartum LARC.
- Implement strategies to mitigate side effects of LARCs such as breakthrough bleeding.
- Explain and demonstrate proper technique in LARC insertion using models.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding and Amenorrhea
- Breast Mass
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention for Women
- Chronic Pain Therapies & Modalities
- Contraception Management
- Depression & Anxiety in Women
- Diabetes Prevention, Screening & Management
- Herbal Therapies & Supplements
- Hot Topics
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), Pap Tests, & Cervical Cancer
- Hyper & Hypothyroidism
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Menopause/Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Overactive Bladder & Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Physician Well-being & Resilience: Tools to Combat Burnout
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & Hyperandrogenism
- Pre-conception Counseling
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Well Woman Maintenance
Elissa J. Palmer, MD, FAAFP, Course Chair; Professor and Chair, Director Reproductive Services, Director Rural Track Residency, Department of Family Medicine, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada
Jennifer A. Keehbauch, MD, FAAFP, Director, Florida Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program; Director, Women’s Health Fellowship, Orlando, Florida
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD, FAAFP, Professor and Chairman, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina
Nanette Santoro, Aurora, CO
Lisa Soldat, MD, MS, FAAFP, Retired; Formerly Adjunct Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa; Currently Visiting Lecturer, Gadjha Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Jehni S. Robinson, MD, Associate Professor, Interim Chair, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Department of Family Medicine, Keck Medicine of USC, University of Southern California
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(aws.passkey.com)
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Phone: (888) 421-1442
$209 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 13, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations include complimentary wireless internet access in guest room, access to fitness center, and parking discount.
- Reservations made after June 13, 2018, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This Live activity, Women's Health, with a beginning date of July 11, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »