Wednesday, July 10 - Saturday, July 13, 2019 | Savannah, GA
Women's Health Live Course
Register by June 11 to save $100
Discover new ways to treat and manage specific women’s health conditions in a variety of sessions, and gain knowledge you can immediately apply in practice. Session topics include eating disorders, women’s cardiovascular disease, diabetes prevention, contraception management, and more.
Attend Women's Health
Wedneday, July 10 - Saturday, July 13, 2019
Hyatt Regency Savannah
EARLY BIRD FEE
June 11, 2019.
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Approved for up to 25.25 AAFP Prescribed credits. 19.25 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in clinical procedural workshops (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive insight into recent women’s health initiatives
- Formulate evaluation and treatment plans related to various health issues throughout a woman’s life cycle.
- Construct an individual wellness plan.
- Discuss the unique aspects of medical care for women.
- Identify and assist victims of physical, emotional, and sexual violence and abuse.
- Differentiate specific issues, disease processes, and treatments based on ethnicity, gender, genetics, and social determinants of health.
Download the complete schedule(4 page PDF), which includes session times, topics, and faculty.
|Wednesday, July 10|
|Wednesday, July 10 : 6:45 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, July 10 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, July 10 : 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, July 10 : 2:00 - 4:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, July 10 : 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.||Nexplanon Clinical Training Program: Women's Health|
|Thursday, July 11|
|Thursday, July 11: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, July 11: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 11: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, July 11: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, July 12|
|Friday, July 12: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, July 12: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, July 12: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, July 12: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, July 13|
|Saturday, July 13 : 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, July 13 : 7:40 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, July 13 : 12:30 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding & Amenorrhea
- Breast Mass
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention for Women
- Chronic Pain: Non-pharmacologic Therapies & Modalities
- Contraception Management
- Diabetes Prevention, Screening, & Management
- Eating Disorders: Diagnosis & Management
- Hot Topics
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), Pap Tests, & Cervical Cancer
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Menopause/Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Overactive Bladder & Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Physician Well-being & Resilience: Leadership - Closing the Gender Gap
- Physician Well-being & Resilience: Tools to Combat Burnout
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & Hyperandrogenism
- Pre-conception Counseling
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- USPSTF & Choosing Wisely®: Focus on Women
- Well Women Maintenance
Elissa J. Palmer, MD, FAAFP – Course Chair, Professor and Chair, Director Reproductive Services, Director Rural Track Residency, Department of Family Medicine, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD, FAAFP – Professor and Chairman, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina
Linda Prine, MD, FAAFP – Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York; Faculty, Mount Sinai Downtown Residency in Urban Family Medicine and Harlem Residency in Family Medicine, New York, New York; Director of Women's Health, Institute for Family Health, New York, New York
Lisa Soldat, MD, MS, FAAFP – Retired; Formerly Adjunct Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa; Currently Visiting Lecturer, Gadjha Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Jehni S. Robinson, MD – Associate Professor, Interim Chair, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Department of Family Medicine, Keck Medicine of USC, University of Southern California
Jeannette South-Paul, MD – Chair, Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Angeline Ti, MD, MPH – Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Family Planning, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
How to Add Procedural Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend a session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a session. Register now »
Evaluation and Biopsy of Skin Lesions
(#101) Thursday, July 11, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, July 12, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Evaluate options for skin biopsy, including shave punch, and excisional biopsies.
- Compare appropriate biopsy selections for skin lesions depending upon the type of lesion and its expected depth.
- Demonstrate knowledge of performing shave, punch, and excisional biopsies.
- Choose preferred suturing methods for wound closure.
- Discuss performance of local anesthesia with minimal pain and maximum effectiveness for patients
IUDs and Other Long Acting Contraception (LARC) - Hands on IUD Practice
(#102) Thursday, July 11, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, July 12, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Summarize the benefits and risks of LARC devices.
- Explain the evidence-based recommendation for the provision of immediate postpartum LARC.
- Implement strategies to mitigate side effects of LARCs such as breakthrough bleeding.
- Explain and demonstrate proper technique in LARC insertion using models.
Nexplanon Clinical Training Program: Women's Health
Wednesday, July 10, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Receive hands-on training for Nexplanon insertion, removal procedures, and implant localization techniques during this two-hour training session. Participants who complete the session will be eligible to order Nexplanon from authorized distributor(s). Certificates of attendance will be issued for those attending the entire session. Nexplanon Training is NOT available for CME credit.
Please note: Space is limited to 30 participants. You must register for this event during your Women's Health registration, as on-site registration will not be open.
Already registered? No problem! Contact the AAFP Member Resource Center at (800) 274-2237 to get signed up.
Sponsored by Merck
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hyatt Regency Savannah(www.hyatt.com)
2 W. Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Phone: (877) 803-7534
$210 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 11, 2019
Hyatt Regency Savannah is an elegant, contemporary waterfront hotel in Savannah with direct access to River Street and the Historic District. Guests are within walking distance of historic parks and squares, as well as year-round festivals and celebrations.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations include complimentary wireless internet access in guest room, access to fitness center, and parking discount.
- Reservations made after June 11, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Savannah guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- 20% discount on valet parking
This Live activity, Women's Health, with a beginning date of July 10, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »