METRIC® | A Performance Improvement Activities Solution
METRIC for AAFP Chapters
Enhance Your Educational Programming
The AAFP offers constituent chapters the tools to deliver a valuable and efficient Performance in Practice CME activity through the METRIC program.
- A systematic approach to performance measurement and improvement using evidence-based guidelines and performance measures based on the AMA's nationally standardized Performance Improvement CME format.
- Improved grant opportunities through the clear demonstration of Moore’s Framework for Outcome Evaluation indicators for Level 5: Performance and Level 6: Patient Health.
- Custom outcome reports to pinpoint the impact of your activity.
- A seamless, dynamic experience for your learners, with faculty and promotional support from METRIC staff.
Low-Cost, High-Value CME for Chapter Members
In addition to the overall benefit to your chapter, each chapter member can benefit directly from completing a METRIC module with your group.
- METRIC is a free CME activity for AAFP members. Nonmember physicians and allied health professionals may participate for a fee.
- Each module is approved by the ABFM toward the fulfillment of the Performance Improvement Activities requirement.
- Physicians may earn up to 20 AAFP Prescribed credits upon completion of a METRIC module.
- Other health care professionals in the clinical setting can participate in improving patient care with the physician, including nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Design a METRIC Experience for Your Chapter
Build Your Project Group
- Your chapter can form a METRIC project group with as few as three participants.
- In addition to physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants can benefit from this valuable performance improvement project as well.
- To establish an AAFP account ID, and/or become a member, call the AAFP at (800) 274-2237. A current AAFP membership is required to avoid being charged nonmember pricing.
Select Your Module(s)
Chapter groups may choose to complete one module together, or complete multiple modules in smaller sub-teams. For example, a chapter group with 12 participants could decide to have three sub-teams of four complete three different modules, or sub-teams of three complete four different modules. Individual physicians may also choose an intervention to complete alone and still remain a part of the group.
Set Your Scope
While METRIC modules only require 10-15 patient charts per module, each participant may enter up to 50 patient charts during the baseline assessment (Stage A) and another 50 patient charts during the reassessment (Stage C) for a total of up to 100 patient charts.
Choose Your Reports
Quality improvement initiative leaders can easily monitor the progress of the group throughout each stage of the program utilizing standard and customized reports.
Standard Group Tracking
The standard group tracking report includes a list of all physicians in the group, along with a date stamp for each stage in the METRIC module completed. View a sample standard group tracking report »
(1 page PDF)
Aggregated and Customized Data Reports
Results for your quality improvement initiative group can be viewed online within the METRIC program, or by requesting specific data reports. For customized report options, contact METRIC staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800) 274-2237 x7012. View a sample customized data report »
(4 page PDF)
Please note: At this time, raw data from the METRIC online program is not able to be downloaded electronically.