METRIC® | A Performance Improvement Activities Solution
METRIC for Practice Groups
Improve Performance and Patient Care -- As a Team
Share the benefit of performance improvement across your team when you complete a METRIC module as a practice group.
Together, you'll benefit from:
- A systematic, linear approach and resources to help you achieve your goals efficiently and effectively
- Cohesive, relevant, national clinical measure to evaluate performance, both individually and as a team
- National performance comparisons to help identify improvement opportunities
- Customized data reports, baseline and follow up (Additional fees may apply.)
- Standard tracking for project leaders, including participant progress and dated milestones to help you stay on track
Design a METRIC Experience for Your Practice Group
Build Your Project Group
- You can form a METRIC project group with as few as three participants.
- Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants can all benefit from this valuable performance improvement project.
- To establish an AAFP account ID, and/or become a member, call the AAFP at (800) 274-2237. A current AAFP membership is required to avoid being charged nonmember pricing.
Select Your Module(s)
Practice groups may choose to complete one module together, or complete multiple modules in smaller sub-teams. For example, a practice group with 12 participants could decide to have three sub-teams of four complete three different modules, or sub-teams of three complete four different modules. Individual physicians may also choose an intervention to complete alone and still remain a part of the group.
The Diabetes and Geriatric METRIC modules will be discontinued September 10, 2018;
access to the module and CME credit reporting ends December 12, 2018.
Eighty-eight percent of people older than 65 years of age have at least one chronic health condition. Improve the health of your geriatric patients and your practice through this module.
Set Your Scope
While METRIC modules only require 10-15 patient charts per module, each participant may enter up to 50 patient charts during the baseline assessment (Stage A) and another 50 patient charts during the reassessment (Stage C) for a total of up to 100 patient charts.
Choose Your Reports
Quality improvement initiative leaders can easily monitor the progress of the group in accomplishing each step in the program through standard and customized reports.
Standard Group Tracking
The standard group tracking report is a list of all physicians in the group along with a date stamp of each stage in the METRIC module they completed. View a sample standard group tracking report »(1 page PDF)
Aggregated and Customized Data Reports
Results for your quality improvement initiative group can be viewed within the METRIC program or by requesting specific data reports. For customized report options, contact METRIC staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800) 274-2237 x 6553. View a sample customized data report »(4 page PDF)
Please note: At this time, raw data from the METRIC online program is not able to be downloaded electronically.
Practice groups may pay individual enrollment fees and any administrative fees from customized reporting via invoice.