Care of Patients With HIV Infection
Edition #443 | April 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2018.
In This Edition
- Screen appropriate patients for HIV infection.
- Assess for HIV infection in patients with symptoms consistent with acute HIV infection.
- Obtain appropriate initial and follow-up testing for patients with HIV infection.
- Initiate antiretroviral therapy for all patients with HIV infection who are able to consent, commit, and adhere to treatment, regardless of CD4 count or viral load.
- Initiate evidence-based prophylaxis for opportunistic infections in patients with HIV infection, appropriate CD4 counts, and risk factors.
- Apply current guidelines when selecting an initial antiretroviral treatment regimen.
- Screen all patients with HIV infection for sexually transmitted infections as recommended in current guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate vaccinations for patients with HIV infection.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through April 30, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#443: Care of Patients With HIV Infection
CME credit approved through April 30, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.