Edition #444 | May 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2018.
In This Edition
- List the diagnostic criteria for acute kidney injury (AKI).
- Summarize the typical diagnostic findings and treatment approaches for patients with prerenal, intrinsic renal, and postrenal AKI.
- Describe measures to prevent AKI.
- Summarize the management of hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, anemia, and electrolyte abnormalities in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- Summarize guidelines for nephrology subspecialist referral and consultation and for patients with CKD and end-stage renal disease.
- Summarize the benefits and risks of the two commonly used renal replacement therapy modalities: in-center hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Describe the key features of common glomerular diseases in children.
- Summarize the management of postinfectious glomerulonephritis, immunoglobulin A nephropathy, Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis, and nephrotic syndrome in pediatric patients.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through May 31, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#444: Nephrology Update
CME credit approved through May 31, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.