Respiratory Conditions Update
Edition #448 | September 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until September 2018.
In This Edition
- Diagnose asthma based on typical symptoms and objective measurements of lung function.
- Assess the level of symptom control in patients with asthma and prescribe appropriate stepwise therapy.
- Use spirometry to diagnose and assess the severity of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Select appropriate inhalers and other treatments for patients with COPD of various severity levels.
- Describe the characteristics of restrictive lung diseases.
- Determine when to refer patients with suspected cystic fibrosis (CF) for further evaluation.
- Describe the difference between competence and medical decision-making capacity.
- Collaborate with other clinicians, subspecialists, and care team members in the management of patients with CF.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through September 30, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#448: Respiratory Conditions Update
CME credit approved through September 30, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.