Edition #451 | December 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2018.
In This Edition
- Describe the common etiologies of thyroid disorders.
- Summarize the diagnostic approaches to and first-line treatment options for patients with hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroid nodules.
- Describe the common clinical presentations and diagnostic evaluation of hirsutism in patients with suspected polycystic ovary syndrome, Cushing syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen-secreting tumors.
- Summarize the pharmacotherapy options for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome and hirsutism, idiopathic hirsutism, or idiopathic hyperandrogenism.
- Describe the typical symptoms of and diagnostic tests used in the evaluation of patients with deficiencies of growth hormone, prolactin, corticotropin, thyroid-stimulating hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, antidiuretic hormone, and oxytocin.
- Summarize the treatment options for patients with functioning prolactinoma, adrenal insufficiency, and diabetes insipidus.
- Describe the evaluation of men with suspected testicular hypogonadism, or androgen deficiency.
- List the potential benefits and adverse effects of testosterone replacement therapy.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through December 31, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#451: Endocrinology Update
CME credit approved through December 31, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.