Edition #451 | December 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2018.
In This Edition
- Describe the common etiologies of thyroid disorders.
- Summarize the diagnostic approaches to and first-line treatment options for patients with hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroid nodules.
- Describe the common clinical presentations and diagnostic evaluation of hirsutism in patients with suspected polycystic ovary syndrome, Cushing syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen-secreting tumors.
- Summarize the pharmacotherapy options for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome and hirsutism, idiopathic hirsutism, or idiopathic hyperandrogenism.
- Describe the typical symptoms of and diagnostic tests used in the evaluation of patients with deficiencies of growth hormone, prolactin, corticotropin, thyroid-stimulating hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, antidiuretic hormone, and oxytocin.
- Summarize the treatment options for patients with functioning prolactinoma, adrenal insufficiency, and diabetes insipidus.
- Describe the evaluation of men with suspected testicular hypogonadism, or androgen deficiency.
- List the potential benefits and adverse effects of testosterone replacement therapy.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through December 31, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#451: Endocrinology Update
CME credit approved through December 31, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.