Issues in Nutrition
Edition #452 | January 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until January 2019.
In This Edition
- Assess nutritional status in adult patients and use appropriate nutritional biomarkers in such evaluations.
- Describe and compare various popular diets.
- Explain to patients that dietary supplements are not required by the Food and Drug Administration to be proven safe or effective.
- Counsel patients about the advantages and disadvantages of vitamin D, probiotics, protein supplements, and multivitamins.
- Describe the characteristics of various types of carbohydrates to patients and compare them.
- Explain the terms glycemic index and glycemic load.
- Describe and compare the characteristics of various sweeteners.
- Recommend effective nutritional interventions for patients with chronic liver disease.
- Recognize and manage the nutritional issues associated with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Diagnose and treat patients with celiac disease.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through January 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#452: Issues in Nutrition
CME credit approved through January 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.