Edition #456 | May 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes.
- Identify developmentally appropriate expectations for self-management of type 1 diabetes in children.
- Explain management and screening strategies for prevention of type 1 and type 2 diabetes complications.
- Prescribe established therapies for type 2 diabetes.
- Recognize indications for new therapies for type 2 diabetes and describe their risks and benefits.
- Implement new therapies for type 2 diabetes when appropriate.
- Identify patients at risk of complications due to diabetes.
- Discuss current recommendations for gestational diabetes, including long-term risk for type 2 diabetes.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through May 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#456: Diabetes Update
CME credit approved through May 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.
- Primary Care of Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- Risk Factors, Screening, Diagnosis, and Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Skin InfectionsNew Pharmacotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Prevention and Management of Diabetes Complications
- Take the CME Quiz: Diabetes Update
- Download This Edition as a PDF(56 page PDF)