Edition #456 | May 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes.
- Identify developmentally appropriate expectations for self-management of type 1 diabetes in children.
- Explain management and screening strategies for prevention of type 1 and type 2 diabetes complications.
- Prescribe established therapies for type 2 diabetes.
- Recognize indications for new therapies for type 2 diabetes and describe their risks and benefits.
- Implement new therapies for type 2 diabetes when appropriate.
- Identify patients at risk of complications due to diabetes.
- Discuss current recommendations for gestational diabetes, including long-term risk for type 2 diabetes.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through May 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#456: Diabetes Update
CME credit approved through May 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.
- Primary Care of Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- Risk Factors, Screening, Diagnosis, and Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Skin InfectionsNew Pharmacotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Prevention and Management of Diabetes Complications
- Take the CME Quiz: Diabetes Update
- Download This Edition as a PDF(56 page PDF)