Valvular Heart Disease in Adults
Edition #457 | June 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until June 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe recommended monitoring intervals for echocardiograms for asymptomatic patients with valvular heart disease (VHD).
- Summarize recommendations for the screening of first-degree relatives of patients with bicuspid aortic valves to identify family members with bicuspid valves or thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Describe the principles of noninvasive medical treatment of patients with VHD.
- Summarize the indications for open surgical valve replacement versus transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with aortic stenosis.
- Prescribe an appropriate antithrombotic regimen for patients who have undergone surgical or transcatheter heart valve replacement.
- Recommend appropriate physical activity regimens for patients taking anticoagulant drugs.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through June 30, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#457: Valvular Heart Disease in Adults
CME credit approved through June 30, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.