Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions
Edition #458 | July 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until July 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe symptoms of eosinophilic esophagitis and the confirmatory testing that is required.
- Summarize the diagnostic approach to and first-line treatment options for gastroesophageal reflux disease and esophageal motility disorders.
- Describe potential manifestations of Helicobacter pylori infection, when to screen for H pylori infection, and first-line treatments for H pylori eradication.
- List the common etiologies of gastroparesis and management options.
- Describe the typical symptoms and early treatment of acute pancreatitis.
- Summarize the interventions for chronic pancreatitis that help to prevent irreversible pancreatic damage.
- Explain the recommended approach to asymptomatic and symptomatic patients with gallstones.
- List the risk factors linked to malignant transformation of gallbladder polyps.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through July 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#458: Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions
CME credit approved through July 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.