Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions
Edition #458 | July 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until July 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe symptoms of eosinophilic esophagitis and the confirmatory testing that is required.
- Summarize the diagnostic approach to and first-line treatment options for gastroesophageal reflux disease and esophageal motility disorders.
- Describe potential manifestations of Helicobacter pylori infection, when to screen for H pylori infection, and first-line treatments for H pylori eradication.
- List the common etiologies of gastroparesis and management options.
- Describe the typical symptoms and early treatment of acute pancreatitis.
- Summarize the interventions for chronic pancreatitis that help to prevent irreversible pancreatic damage.
- Explain the recommended approach to asymptomatic and symptomatic patients with gallstones.
- List the risk factors linked to malignant transformation of gallbladder polyps.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through July 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#458: Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions
CME credit approved through July 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.