Edition #459 | August 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2019.
In This Edition
- List the most common etiologies of hyponatremia and hypernatremia.
- Prescribe appropriate treatments for patients with severe hyponatremia and hypernatremia.
- Discuss the common etiologies of hypokalemia and hyperkalemia.
- Describe the urgent treatment of hyperkalemia.
- Identify drugs that can cause hypercalcemia.
- List the laboratory tests used to distinguish hyperparathyroidism from other etiologies of hypercalcemia.
- Prescribe appropriate rehydration solutions for children with gastroenteritis-related dehydration.
- Recommend appropriate fluid management strategies for patients participating in high-intensity endurance athletic activities.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through August 14, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
CME credit approved through August 14, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.