Edition #461 | October 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until October 2019.
In This Edition
- List the indications for imaging in patients with neck pain.
- Summarize the most effective interventions for patients with whiplash injury and cervical radiculopathy.
- List the indications for referral for surgical evaluation in patients with acute spine injury and arthritis or degenerative neck conditions.
- Describe the typical clinical presentation, distinguishing features, and diagnostic evaluation of patients with mechanical or inflammatory low back pain.
- Summarize potentially effective treatments for patients with mechanical or inflammatory low back pain.
- Summarize the typical clinical presentation and evaluation of patients with lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS).
- Describe the nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for patients with LSS.
- List significant risk factors for occupational back and neck pain.
- Describe potentially effective interventions for preventing occupational back and neck pain.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through October 14, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#461: Spine Conditions
CME credit approved through October 14, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.