Improving Patient Safety
Edition #463 | December 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2019.
In This Edition
- List key features of a culture of safety.
- Summarize potential interventions to prevent diagnostic, drug, and testing errors.
- Describe common problems that can occur during care transitions.
- Summarize effective hospital- and office-based interventions for improving care transitions and list the clinicians and professionals who can be involved.
- List risk factors for hospital readmission.
- Summarize interventions that can be used to reduce hospital readmissions.
- Describe the benefits of effective patient-physician communication and common barriers to effective communication.
- Describe methods to improve health literacy and promote shared decision-making.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through December 14, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#463: Improving Patient Safety
CME credit approved through December 14, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.