Improving Patient Safety
Edition #463 | December 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2019.
In This Edition
- List key features of a culture of safety.
- Summarize potential interventions to prevent diagnostic, drug, and testing errors.
- Describe common problems that can occur during care transitions.
- Summarize effective hospital- and office-based interventions for improving care transitions and list the clinicians and professionals who can be involved.
- List risk factors for hospital readmission.
- Summarize interventions that can be used to reduce hospital readmissions.
- Describe the benefits of effective patient-physician communication and common barriers to effective communication.
- Describe methods to improve health literacy and promote shared decision-making.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through December 14, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#463: Improving Patient Safety
CME credit approved through December 14, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.