Edition #464 | January 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until January 2020.
In This Edition
- Screen all patients for tobacco use.
- Assist patients who smoke cigarettes with smoking cessation using a combination of evidence-based methods.
- Perform a counseling and shared decision-making visit regarding lung cancer screening for high-risk patients.
- Summarize current guidelines for the monitoring of patients with pulmonary nodules.
- Describe the initial diagnostic evaluation of symptomatic patients with suspected lung cancer.
- Summarize methods of tissue diagnosis and staging in patients with lung cancer.
- Counsel patients with lung cancer about how functional capacity may affect management options.
- Discuss the roles of team members in a multidisciplinary team caring for patients with lung cancer
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through January 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#464: Lung Cancer
CME credit approved through January 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.