Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
Edition #466 | March 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until March 2020.
In This Edition
- Describe the general approach to evaluating functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs).
- Summarize key interventions to consider in treating patients with FGIDs.
- Describe typical symptoms of functional upper gastrointestinal (GI) disorders in adults.
- Summarize initial management options for functional upper GI disorders in adults.
- Summarize when laboratory testing and endoscopy should be obtained in patients with suspected FGIDs.
- Summarize first- and second-line interventions for functional lower GI disorders in adults.
- Describe the typical symptoms of functional GI disorders in children.
- Cite management approaches to functional GI disorders in children.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through March 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#466: Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
CME credit approved through March 14, 2020.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.
- Approach to Patients With Functional Gastrointestinal
- Functional Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders in Adults
- Functional Lower Gastrointestinal Disorders in Adults
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children
- Take the CME Quiz: Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Download This Edition as a PDF(52 page PDF)