Maternity Care Update
Edition #467 | April 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2020.
In This Edition
- Describe the counseling of patients regarding preconception and reproductive care.
- List common drugs that should be avoided in pregnancy.
- Describe the components of routine prenatal care including evidence-based laboratory tests and screenings, determination of estimated due date, recommended vaccines, and appropriate timing of delivery.
- Summarize updates in aneuploidy screening including appropriate use of cell-free fetal DNA testing.
- Define, diagnose, and manage common conditions affecting pregnant patients including hypertension, diabetes, hypothyroidism, depression, and obesity.
- Summarize changes in the labor curve, including new definitions of active labor, failed induction, first-stage arrest, and second-stage arrest.
- Identify factors associated with the need for cesarean delivery and describe interventions to minimize the risks of cesarean delivery.
- Identify common breastfeeding difficulties and complications.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through April 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#467: Maternity Care Update
CME credit approved through April 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.