Edition #469 | June 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until June 2020.
In This Edition
- State the recommended frequencies for hypertension screening in adults.
- List recommended methods to confirm the diagnosis of hypertension before starting antihypertensive therapy.
- Describe the differences among the major hypertension management guidelines.
- Distinguish between hypertensive emergency and asymptomatic severe hypertension.
- Summarize management of asymptomatic severe hypertension in the outpatient setting.
- List the common etiologies of resistant hypertension.
- List the common secondary etiologies of hypertension.
- Describe the risks and benefits of various blood pressure goals when selecting treatment options for older adults with hypertension.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through June 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#469: Hypertension Update
CME credit approved through June 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.