Allergy and Asthma
Edition #472 | September 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until September 2020.
In This Edition
- Describe the terminology and classification of allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis.
- Identify risk factors for the development of allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of and diagnostic criteria for allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis.
- Summarize the management options for allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis.
- Describe the categories and most common types of food allergies.
- Describe the tests used to diagnose food allergies.
- Summarize prevention and management options for food allergies.
- Discuss the timing and manifestation of symptoms in anaphylaxis.
- Summarize the current controversy surrounding the prices of epinephrine autoinjectors and alternatives.
- Describe the roles of epinephrine, albuterol, antihistamines, and corticosteroids in anaphylaxis management.
- Discuss the role of immunobiologic drugs and their recommended uses in asthma management.
- Describe bronchial thermoplasty and its recommended use in asthma management.
- Identify the roles of asthma action plans and mobile technology in the self-management of asthma.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through September 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#472: Allergy and Asthma
CME credit approved through September 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.