Edition #473 | October 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until October 14, 2020.
In This Edition
- Diagnose patients with migraine and migraine with aura.
- Recommend abortive treatment and prophylaxis for migraine, including trigger avoidance, pharmacotherapy, and integrative medicine therapies.
- Identify risk factors for tension-type headache and medication overuse headache.
- Recommend abortive treatment and prophylaxis for tension-type headache, including integrative medicine therapies.
- Evaluate patients with severe acute headaches in the ambulatory setting.
- Describe the conditions that cause headache emergencies.
- Identify risk factors for posttraumatic headache (PTHA) and diagnose patients with PTHA.
- Diagnose patients with acute, subacute, and persistent PTHA and approve return of athletes to play when appropriate.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through October 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
CME credit approved through October 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.