Endocrine Conditions in Older Adults
Edition #474 | November 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until November 2020.
In This Edition
- Summarize the osteoporosis screening recommendations for women and men.
- Identify osteoporosis management options and their potential benefits and disadvantages.
- Recognize the most common symptoms that occur during climacteric and describe how to diagnose menopause.
- Describe management options for menopausal symptoms and issues surrounding initiation and discontinuation of hormone therapy.
- Describe the initial biochemical and radiologic evaluation of an adrenal incidentaloma.
- Identify the major types of adrenal tumors initially discovered as incidentalomas and discuss how to distinguish among them.
- Describe the dietary options for improving health span and longevity.
- Review the current state of pharmacotherapy for increasing longevity and list the drugs that currently are available on the US market.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through November 14, 2020.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#474: Endocrine Conditions in Older Adults
CME credit approved through November 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.