Mental Disorders and Learning Disabilities in Children and Adolescents
Edition #475 | December 2018
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2020.
In This Edition
- Identify and apply criteria from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (Fifth Edition) when diagnosing patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Recommend appropriate age-based therapies for patients with ADHD.
- Describe the common types of learning disabilities.
- Explain the process of psychoeducational evaluation as performed by schools and the development of an Individualized Education Program.
- Describe the warning signs associated with eating disorders.
- Recommend family-based treatment of adolescent patients with anorexia nervosa.
- Establish a safety plan with all adolescent patients with suicidal thoughts.
- Manage adolescent patients with moderate to severe depression with a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy and a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through April 30, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#475: Mental Disorders and Learning Disabilities in Children and Adolescents
CME credit approved through December 14, 2020
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.