Edition #476 | January 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until January 2021.
In This Edition
- Identify the mosquito-borne viral infections most likely to occur in the United States.
- Recognize the typical presentation of patients with these mosquito-borne viral infections and obtain appropriate laboratory tests for diagnosis.
- Distinguish skin lesions attributable to bedbugs from those attributable to scabies.
- Prescribe appropriate treatments for bedbug, lice, and scabies infestations.
- List the four phases in the approach to management of emerging infections.
- Explain the key steps in implementing each of the four phases.
- Use all recommended approaches for prevention of health care-associated infections.
- Determine appropriate types of infection precautions for patients hospitalized with infectious diseases.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through January 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#476: Infectious Disease
CME credit approved through January 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.