Edition #477 | February 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until February 2021.
In This Edition
- Summarize the characteristic symptoms and history that help to establish diagnoses of diabetic peripheral neuropathy, drug-induced peripheral neuropathy, and chronic idiopathic axonal polyneuropathy.
- Describe prevention and management options for diabetic peripheral neuropathy, drug-induced peripheral neuropathy, and chronic idiopathic axonal polyneuropathy.
- Describe the motor and nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson disease.
- List first- and second-line treatment options for motor and nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson disease.
- Formulate an approach to the evaluation of an adult patient with nonfebrile newonset seizures, including neuroimaging.
- Summarize the issues involved in decision-making regarding initiation and discontinuation of antiepileptic drugs for adult patients after a first epileptic seizure.
- Identify the categories of dizziness and list one diagnosis per category and a targeted examination technique that can assist in making a specific diagnosis.
- Review treatment options for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, Meniere disease, and vestibular migraine.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through February 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#477: Neurologic Conditions
CME credit approved through February 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.