Edition #479 | April 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2021.
In This Edition
- Diagnose patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD) using appropriate clinical tests.
- Recommend lifestyle changes and prescribe pharmacotherapies for patients with PAD.
- Diagnose patients with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) using appropriate clinical tests.
- Counsel patients about use of compression stockings for CVI management.
- Use scoring systems and diagnostic tests to evaluate patients with suspected deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
- Identify appropriate therapy for patients with proximal and distal DVTs.
- List the indications for placement and use of wearable and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators.
- Provide instructions for daily activities for patients with wearable cardioverter-defibrillators, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators, and left ventricular assist devices.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through April 30, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#479: Cardiovascular Disease
CME credit approved through April 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.