Violence and Public and Personal Health
Edition #480 | May 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2021.
In This Edition
- Describe the effects of adverse childhood events on future physical and mental health.
- Name and describe conventional and expanded adverse childhood events.
- Identify risk factors for gun violence.
- Summarize the role of the family physician in reducing morbidity and mortality from gun violence.
- Assess women of childbearing age for intimate partner violence.
- Identify patients who are minors at risk of domestic sex trafficking.
- Evaluate patients who present immediately after sexual assault.
- Apply concepts to reduce the risk of sexual assault in potential perpetrators and potential victims.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through May 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#480: Violence and Public and Personal Health
CME credit approved through May 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.