Edition #481 | June 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until June 2021.
In This Edition
- Cite the types of melanoma and list associated risk factors.
- Summarize management options for melanoma based on stage at diagnosis.
- Describe the clinical and dermatoscopic features of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas.
- Summarize surgical and nonsurgical management options for nonmelanoma skin cancers.
- Summarize the diagnostic features of and management options for actinic keratoses.
- Describe the clinical and dermatoscopic features of dysplastic nevi.
- Summarize important skin cancer prevention strategies on which to counsel patients.
- Cite the evidence supporting use of sunscreen, avoidance of tanning bed use, and potential use of dietary supplements for skin cancer prevention.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through June 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#481: Skin Cancer
CME credit approved through June 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.