Edition #482 | July 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until July 2021.
In This Edition
- Discuss return to play guidelines for athletes with common conditions.
- Describe emergency action plans for athletic events.
- Diagnose exertional heat illness and exertional heat stroke.
- Recommend appropriate management of exertional heat stroke.
- Identify patients who require preparticipation examination for recreational and competitive athletic activities.
- Recognize patients at high risk of sudden cardiac death during exercise.
- Describe indications for immobilization of patients with common injuries.
- Identify potential complications related to use of braces and splints.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through July 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#482: Sports Medicine
CME credit approved through July 14, 2021
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.