Lower Gastrointestinal Conditions
Edition #483 | August 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until August 2021.
In This Edition
- Describe risk factors for and common manifestations of Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- Summarize management options and follow-up care for patients with Crohn disease and UC.
- Describe the clinical and diagnostic features of lactose intolerance, celiac disease, and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
- Summarize the dietary management of malabsorption syndromes.
- Identify the types of diverticular disease and associated recommendations for imaging.
- Describe the management of and follow-up care for patients with acute diverticulitis.
- Discuss risk factors for colorectal cancer, including associated genetic syndromes.
- Summarize the current screening recommendations for colorectal cancer.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through August 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#455: Lower Gastrointestinal Conditions
CME credit approved through August 14, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.