Eye Conditions in Infants and Children
Edition #484 | September 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until September 14, 2021.
In This Edition
- Perform a pediatric external eye examination.
- Discuss indications for referral to a pediatric ophthalmology subspecialist based on abnormal findings on physical examination.
- Identify and evaluate children at risk of amblyopia.
- Evaluate and diagnose children with symptoms of strabismus.
- Describe the pathophysiology of refractive disorders.
- Identify children with refractive disorders who should undergo screening for other eye conditions.
- Recommend use of school and community support systems for children with blindness and vision impairments.
- Counsel patients with vision impairment and their families about seeking individualized education programs (IEPs).
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through September 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#484: Eye Conditions in Infants and Children
CME credit approved through September 14, 2021.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.