Edition #486 | November 2019
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until November 14, 2021.
In This Edition
- Discuss appropriate prescribing of antibiotics for patients with upper respiratory tract infections and pharyngitis according to current guidelines.
- Counsel patients about why antibiotic therapy may be inappropriate for their condition.
- Diagnose and treat patients with acute bronchitis according to current practice guidelines.
- Use validated severity scoring systems to determine whether patients with community-acquired pneumonia should be hospitalized.
- Diagnose patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) according to current guidelines.
- Prescribe appropriate maintenance therapy for patients with COPD and therapy to manage acute exacerbations according to current guidelines.
- Describe the four main categories of interstitial lung disease (ILD).
- Determine an appropriate evaluation protocol for patients with suspected ILD.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through November 14, 2021.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#486: Respiratory Conditions
CME credit approved through November 14, 2021.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.