Urologic Conditions in Infants and Children
Edition #488 | January 2020
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until January 2022.
In This Edition
- Counsel parents on the risks and benefits of newborn male circumcision.
- Summarize the differences among the common procedural approaches tocircumcision.
- Discuss the similarities and differences among inguinal hernia, hydrocele, andcryptorchidism in children.
- Discuss the evaluation of children with inguinal hernia, hydrocele, or cryptorchidism and referral for surgical management when appropriate.
- Counsel parents regarding the timing of and techniques for toilet training.
- Summarize childhood nocturnal enuresis and recommended effective managementstrategies.
- Describe the key steps in diagnosis and management of urinary tract infections ininfants and children.
- Discuss when to obtain ultrasonography and voiding cystourethrography in theevaluation of infants and children with urinary tract infections.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through January 14, 2022.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#488: Urologic Conditions in Infants and Children
CME credit approved through January 14, 2022
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.