Skin Infections and Outpatient Burn Management
Edition #489 | February 2020
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until February 2022.
In This Edition
- Prescribe empiric antibiotic therapy for common skin and soft tissue infections.
- Identify common Streptococcus- and Staphylococcus-based skin and soft tissue infections.
- Differentiate among tinea corporis, tinea gladiatorum, and tinea cruris.
- Describe the changing patterns of herpes simplex virus infections in the United States.
- Summarize the pathophysiology of foot ulcers in patients with diabetes.
- Diagnose osteomyelitis in patients with foot ulcers.
- Counsel patients on how to reduce the risk of burn and scald injuries.
- Determine which patients with burn injuries may require referral to a burn center.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through February 14, 2022.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#489: Skin Infections and Outpatient Burn Management
CME credit approved through February 14, 2022.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.