Acute Coronary Syndrome
Edition #490 | March 2020
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until March 2022.
In This Edition
- Recognize typical and atypical symptoms of acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Establish an appropriate rule-out protocol to exclude ACS in typical or atypical symptoms.
- Prescribe guideline-recommended antiplatelet therapy to a patient with ACS.
- Diagnose an ST-segment myocardial infarction and arrange reperfusion therapy within the guideline-recommended timeframe.
- Recommend appropriate emergency management for common serious complications of myocardial infarction.
- Identify conditions that can mimic or be misdiagnosed as ACS.
- Prescribe statins according to current guidelines for ACS.
- Describe the appropriate duration for dual antiplatelet therapy in patients who have undergone stent placement after an ACS.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through March 14, 2022.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#490: Acute Coronary Syndrome
CME credit approved through March 14, 2022.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.
Access your edition in the AAFP app. You may also try a free digital sample.
Subscribe to FP Essentials
Subscribe and receive access to peer-reviewed, ad-free monographs. Eligible for up to 60 AAFP Prescribed credits with a yearly subscription. Available in print with online access or online access only. Learn more.