Edition #491 | April 2020
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2022.
In This Edition
- Diagnose subacromial impingement/pain syndrome based on the clinical history and physical examination.
- Describe initial management options for patients with subacromial impingement/pain syndrome, including rehabilitation.
- Diagnose patients with glenohumeral joint osteoarthritis, describe appropriate imaging modalities, and list nonsurgical management options.
- Diagnose and manage patients with adhesive capsulitis.
- Counsel patients about the factors that lead to shoulder instability and laxity.
- Describe conservative management options for patients with shoulder instability and when referral for surgical management is indicated.
- Diagnose patients with clavicle and acromioclavicular joint conditions using the history (ie, medical, family, social), physical examination, and appropriate imaging modalities.
- Identify patients with clavicle fractures and acromioclavicular joint injuries who should be referred to a subspecialist.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through April 14, 2022.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#491: Shoulder Conditions
CME credit approved through April 14, 2022.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.