Edition #492 | May 2020
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2022.
In This Edition
- Summarize the factors that contribute to the high prevalence of obesity in the United States.
- Summarize the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations for adults and children with obesity.
- Describe the behavior interventions recommended to achieve weight loss, noting dieting concerns for children.
- List behavior strategies that can be helpful for patients in losing weight and maintaining weight loss.
- Describe the indications for adjunctive pharmacotherapy.
- List the drugs available for obesity management in adults and children and describe their most common adverse effects.
- Cite the indications for and discuss the role of bariatric surgery.
- Describe the three main bariatric surgeries and the common postsurgical complications.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credit valid through May14, 2022.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
CME credit approved through May 14, 2022.
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase.