2020 Global Health Summit
Resources for Breakout Sessions
WebEx Quick Start Guide for Participants: How to test your browser, join the event and ask questions.
Wednesday, September 16 | 4:25 -5:10 p.m.
- Congressional Advocacy for Global Health: Presenter: Keith Johnson, MA
- Development of a Border Health Rotation in a Family Medicine Residency: Presenters: Danielle Fitzsimmons-Pattison, MD; Mary Alice Scott, PhD; John Andazola, MD, FAAFP; and Laura Parajon, MD, MPH
- Global Health Track Curriculum in Family Medicine Residency, How to Start and How to Improve: A Continuous Discussion: Presenters: Ruben Hernandez, MD, FAAFP; Weyinshet Gossa, MD, MPH; Sommer Aldulaimi, MD, FAAFP; and Ann Evensen, MD, FAAFP
- A New Primary Care Model for the Guatemalan Health System:Training Providers (Doctors & Nurses): Presenter: Jennifer Hoock, MD, MPH
- The Role of the Family Medicine Physician in Disasters: Bridging the Gap with GloCal Care: Presenter: Shaunna Escobar, MD, MPH, CPH, MHL
Thursday, September 17 | 4:25 – 5:10 p.m.
- COVID-19: From the patient perspective in the diary of a physician: Presenter: Anna Pendrey, MD
- Maintaining continuity of care and global health education through telehealth in the time of COVID-19: Presenters: Christine O'Dea, MD, MPH; Anne Diaz, MA; Gwen Welsh, DO; and Douglas Collins, MD
- MissionCMEcuador: Overview of the Development of an Impactful Global Exchange Program: Presenter: Katherine Walker, MD
- Pulling Back the Curtain: What COVID-19 Revealed About the Vulnerability of Global Health Programs: Presenters: Esther Johnston, MD, MPH, FAAFP; Bassim Birkland, MD; and Anna McDonald, MD, MPH
- Shifting Paths Amidst Social Change: Trainees in Global Family Medicine: Presenters: Steffano Mottl, MD and Brett Lewis
- Why Family Medicine: Strengthening Health Systems for Healthy Communities: Presenters: Jennifer Walker, MD, MPH, FAAFP
Friday, September 18 | 12:15 – 1:15 p.m.