AAFP Leadership Conference | April 23–25 | Canceled
AAFP will refund your registration fee
After careful consideration of information from the CDC and our experts, the AAFP has determined that it is necessary to cancel the AAFP Leadership Conference that was scheduled for April 23-25, 2020.
We know that you were looking forward to the Leadership Conference as an opportunity to personally engage with new information and renew professional relationships, and the decision to cancel isn’t one we took lightly. Here is why we decided to cancel this event:
· We recognize that many of you are working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 outbreak and that you need to remain in your community to serve patients.
· Within the health care industry, it is important that we lead by example through social distancing and not contribute to further spread of the virus.
A refund of your conference registration fee (including the community service registration fee, if applicable) will be issued to your credit card or original method of payment within 30 days. In the meantime, please contact the AAFP’s Member Resource Center at 800-274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any immediate questions you may have.
Hotel reservations made within the AAFP block of rooms at the Sheraton have been automatically canceled. Please contact the Sheraton directly(www.marriott.com) if you wish to rebook your room.
SCAM ALERT: Please note that there are scams trying to capitalize on the COVID-19 situation and associated event cancelations. If you receive communication regarding AAFP event refunds or registration transfers and you are uncertain if it is from the AAFP, please contact us at email@example.com or 800-274-2237 to verify.
Thank you for all you do to support family medicine.
A true leadership experience
In today's health care landscape, where regulatory and administrative burdens rule the workplace, it's clear that everyday leadership is needed. Through collaboration with peers and colleagues, you can make a difference for your patients, practice, and community. With you, everyday leadership is achievable.
- Redefine your best self and empower other family physicians to do the same.
- Reimagine your family medicine future and unlock your leadership potential.
- Rethink your ways and what it takes to be a successful family physician leader.
In three days—and with two dynamic tracks available—don’t miss your chance to join inspiring leaders as you work together to advance the specialty of family medicine together.
The Annual Chapter Leader Forum (ACLF) is the AAFP’s leadership development program and a great orientation for chapter-elected leaders, aspiring leaders, and chapter staff.
ACLF encourages participants to:
- Make connections and share ideas
- Learn new strategies and techniques to succeed
- Engage in important dialogue about chapters
To help establish positive change, the National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) is the AAFP’s premier leadership development event for underrepresented constituencies, including:
- Women physicians
- Minority physicians
- New physicians
- International medical graduate physicians
- LGBT physicians