AAFP Global Health Summit
Our online platform will help members explore health care on a global scale.
*19.25 CME Prescribed Credits are available. Details below.
Whether you're exploring opportunities to engage in global health, preparing for your overseas experience, or seeking to broaden your clinical knowledge about global health concerns, the AAFP Global Health Summit (formerly the Family Medicine Global Health Workshop) is the place to network and learn with global health advocates.
- Match your experience and skills with global health needs.
- Prepare to serve as a family medicine consultant
- Learn how to organize and conduct a global health consultation
- Evaluate the practical management of chronic diseases in resource-constrained settings
- Advise and train students, residents and physicians for global health endeavors
- Promote family medicine faculty development
- Explore opportunities to think on a global scale in a local setting
Note for Participants: All session times are listed in Central Time.
*CME Credit Hours
The AAFP has reviewed AAFP Global Health Summit and deemed it acceptable for up to 19.25 In-Person, Live (could include online) AAFP Prescribed credit. Term of Approval is from 09/16/2020 to 09/18/2020. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The follow session was not approved for CME credit:
- What Employers Look for When Hiring Physicians in Global Health Positions - this content doesn't have a direct bearing on patient care
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this In-Person, Live (could include online) for a maximum of 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
Help Your Colleagues Abroad Attend the Next Workshop
Contribute to the Global Health Summit Scholarship to help provide opportunities for physicians abroad to experience the Workshop.
Global Health Resouces
Find more global health information and opportunities for physicians in practice, residents, and students.