Nurses, Physician Assistants, Medical Assistants, and other non-physicians may provide their certifying organizations with the certificate of participation(1 page PDF) to assist in reporting continuing education credit. Information about how to obtain credit for attending the FMRNA Annual Residency Nursing Workshop is available on the Special Programming page.
Osteopathic physicians wanting to obtain AOA Category 1-A credit must complete an online evaluation for each session attended. Session evaluations are available within each session in the app or online. An AOA number and name must be provided on each session evaluation. This will be the only mechanism for reporting CME credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association.
AAFP members can claim the credit online or call the Member Resource Center at (800)274-2237.
Not sure if you're a member? Learn more about becoming an AAFP member.
To report your CME credit online:
- Go to the AAFP CME reporting website
- Enter your AAFP Member ID and Password
- Enter "PDW and RPS" in the Search box
- Click "Search CME" button
- Check the box next to the 2018 PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium
- Enter the amount of credits earned in the Prescribed credit field
- If you attend the entire PDW and RPS Symposium (March 23-27) you may claim up to 22 Prescribed credits.
- If you attended only a portion of the symposium, PDW or RPS, you may claim up to 15 Prescribed credits.
- Click the orange "Report 1 Selected Activity" button at the top of the page
- CME will be added to your transcript
This Live activity, 2018 PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium, with a beginning date of 03/23/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 22.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ACOFP has been approved by the AOA Administrative Committee of the CCME for 22 AOA Category 1-A CME credits for the “2018 AAFP Program Directors Workshop (PDW) and Residency Program Solutions (RPS) Residency Education Symposium.” The ACOFP is a co-sponsor of the CME credit for osteopathic physicians. This program qualifies for AOA Category 1-A credit under an exemption approved by the Council on Osteopathic CME of the American Osteopathic Association.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accepts AAFP CME toward its member continuing education requirements.