About the Symposium
Save the Date for 2019
PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Kansas City, MO
PDW & RPS
Fri, Apr 5 - Tues, Apr 9
Fri, Apr 5 - Sun, Apr 7
Sat, Apr 6 - Tues, Apr 9
Take advantage of the opportunity to gain information, solutions, and inspiration for the whole team.
The PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium is designed to provide family medicine residency team members with high quality continuing professional development, practical strategies for improving residency education, and a better understanding of how to maintain compliance with the current and changing graduate medical education accreditation systems and standards involving family medicine rules, regulations, and policies. This national conference is for the entire residency team.
No matter which residency program role you represent, everyone can attend both PDW and RPS.
Program Directors Workshop
Connect with colleagues at PDW. A combination of networking and need-to-know information, this conference is designed to address the specific needs of program directors and associate program directors.
Learn More »
Residency Program Solutions
Bring your whole team to the conference designed to help you find solutions that work. RPS offers customized programming designed to address issues faced by program directors, associate program directors, administrators/coordinators, nurses, faculty and the whole residency team.
Learn More »
PDW and RPS Shared Programming
Shared Programming is included in PDW and RPS registrations.
Shared programming includes updates from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education’s Review Committee for Family Medicine (ACGME RC-FM), American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), and the AAFP Government Relations team. The annual Innovation Showcase and Hot Topic Panel Discussion are also part of the PDW and RPS Shared Programming.
Take part in special programming designed for administrator/coordinator and nurse attendees. Additional registration fees apply. More information coming soon.
2019 Planning Committee
- Chair – Deanne St. George, Manager, AAFP Department of Graduate Medical Education, Leawood, KS
- AAFP Commission on Education – Sherri Morgan, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Division Vice President, GME North Texas Division, Irving, TX
- American Board of Family Medicine – Sam Jones, MD, FAAFP, Program Director, Fairfax, VA
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians – Marissa Rogers, DO, Program Director, Grand Blanc, MI
- Association of Departments of Family Medicine – Elissa Palmer, MD, FAAFP, Professor and Chair, Las Vegas, NV
- Association of Family Medicine Administration – Caren Bachman, Program Manager, Salina, KS
- Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors – W. Fred Miser, MD, MA, FAAFP, Program Director, Columbus, OH
- Family Medicine Residency Nurses Association – Kathy Morin, AD, RN, Office Manager, Lewiston, ME
- North American Primary Care Research Group – Sarah Gebauer, MD, MSPH, Assistant Professor, St. Louis, MO
- Residency Program Solutions Panel of Consultants – Roger Garvin, MD, FAAFP, Program Director, Portland, OR
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine – Marcy Lake, DO, Associate Program Director, Portland, OR
The PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium is managed by the AAFP. The Planning Committee is made up of representatives from the symposium's sponsoring organizations: the AAFP Commission on Education (AAFP), the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP), the Association of Departments of Family Medicine (ADFM), the Association of Family Medicine Administration (AFMA), the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD), the Family Medicine Residency Nurses Association (FMRNA), the North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG), the Residency Program Solutions Panel of Consultants (RPS Panel), and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM).