Collaborate on a Grant Application
- Leadership and Senior Scientists in the AAFP NRN are open to discussing potential research ideas and may be able to assist in identifying potential funding opportunities.
- There are on-going opportunities to serve as a Co-Investigator, consultant, or content expert on research proposals.
- Be a peer reviewer on AAFP NRN research proposals.
- Co-author journal articles
- Attend and present at conferences as a part of the research team
You can contact Brian Manning at email@example.com for more information.
Funding an AAFP NRN Study
The NRN receives funding from government agencies such as the Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHRQ), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as various pharmaceutical companies and private foundations.
If you’re interested in funding a research study please contact the AAFP Foundation at 800-274-2237, ext. 4454 or visit their website, www.aafpfoundation.org.
Apply to Become an Advisory Group Member
For all roles (with the exclusion of liaisons, student, residents, and fellows) this is a two-year term with the chance to renew for one additional two-year term. Advisory Group members may be asked to advise the Network Director in matters pertaining to the strategic plan, research agenda, and engagement of new and established members of the AAFP NRN. This group meets once in-person and 2-3 times by conference call on an annual basis.
If you are interested in applying for either the Patient or Patient Advocate Member Role, please download the Patient Member document or the Patient Advocate document. See a list of current members here.
The AAFP NRN is affiliated with numerous regional practice-based research networks through formal agreements to join forces and pool collective resources to collaborate on research for the best possible outcomes.
The AAFP NRN is open to continued affiliation with additional PBRNs in order to facilitate knowledge sharing in the areas of research methodology and biostatistics; facilitate resource sharing in the area of information technology, network management, and communication; and increase the diversity of the population of patients cared for by the combined network members.
We encourage all AAFP NRN members to also explore membership in their regional PBRN.
Affiliated Regional Networks.
The AAFP NRN currently has signed affiliation agreements with the following regional practice-based research networks:
- Oklahoma Physicians Resource/Research Network(www.okprn.org) -- Oklahoma City, OK
- Kentucky Ambulatory Network, University of Kentucky(www.mc.uky.edu) (KAN) -- Lexington, KY
- BIGHORN Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) -- Aurora, CO
- Colorado Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) (CaReNet) -- Aurora, CO
- High Plains Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) (HPRN) -- Aurora, CO
- Southern Primary Care Urban Research Network(www.spurnetwork.org) (SPUR-NET) -- Houston, TX
- USC Department of Family Medicine PBRN(www.lanetpbrn.net) (LANet) -- Alhambra, CA
- Upstate New York Practice Based Research Network(fammed.buffalo.edu) (UNYNet) -- Buffalo, NY
- Virginia Ambulatory Care Outcomes Research Network(www.familymedicine.vcu.edu) (ACORN) -- Richmond, VA
- Residency Research Network of South Texas(familymed.uthscsa.edu) (RRNet) -- San Antonio, TX
- New Jersey Primary Care Research Network(rwjms.umdnj.edu) (NJPCRN) -- New Brunswick, NJ
- Connecticut Center for Primary Care(www.centerforprimarycare.org) -- Farmington, CT
- UAB Dental Practice Based Research Network(www.dental.uab.edu) -- Birmingham, AL
- South Texas Ambulatory Research Network(familymed.uthscsa.edu) (STARTNet) -- San Antonio, TX
- Free Clinic Research and Educational Engagement Network(pbrn.ahrq.gov) (FreeNet) -- Tampa, FL
- Capital Adirondack Practice-based Research Network, Cap-Ad (Latham, NY)
- Arkansas Practice-Based Research Network (ArkPBRN), Little Rock, AR
- Soluna Health, Inc and Mobile Medical Team International Network (MMTI), Sausalito, CA
You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.