1. Profile: Please fill out the attached profile and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Peer Review Profile” for the email. With this document, we will add you to our list of reviewers.
FILL OUT THE REVIEWER PROFILE(1 page PDF)
2. Conflict of Interest: When assigned a topic, look for possible conflicts of interest prior to accepting. If you have either of the following, please check with our editorial office at email@example.com before doing your review.
3. Standards: We depend on your help in making this manuscript an up-to-date, high-quality presentation on the topic. Please look for any:
4. Comments: The comments you provide are the key to the quality of AFP. Comments should be:
5. Rating: Please rate key aspects of the manuscript on a rating scale in Editorial Manager(www.editorialmanager.com), our online peer review system. We use these ratings to get a composite, semi-quantitative sense of the external reviews.
Example: To give you an idea of what reviews for AFP look like, please download the reviews of a manuscript on iron deficiency anemia (Five reviews: two from AFP medical editors, and three from external reviewers). We included the author’s responses to the reviews in the resubmission letter.
DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REVIEWS(15 page PDF)
Resources: If you are interested in more information about reviewing, click here for articles and online courses available.
VIEW RESOURCES FOR REVIEWERS(91 KB PDF)
Previous Reviewers: Click here to find lists of previous AFP reviewers by year.
Share this page
This page will be removed from your Favorites Links. Are you sure?