FPM Awards for Editorial Excellence
- Silver Award for Best Commentary from the American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE) for "What Needs to Change to Make Deprescribing Doable" by Ranit Mishori, MD, MHS, FAAFP.
- Gold EXCEL Award for Best Journal Feature Article from Association Media & Publishing (AM&P) for "Physician Burnout: Its Origin, Symptoms, and Five Main Causes" by Dike Drummond, MD.
- Bronze Award for Best Peer-Reviewed Journal from ASHPE for 2016.
- Gold Award for Best Case History from ASHPE for "Controlling Hypertension: Focusing on 'Why' Makes 'How' a Lot Easier," by Jennifer L. Brull, MD.
- Bronze Award for Best Feature Article Series from ASHPE for FPM's ICD-10 Coding Series by Kenneth D. Beckman, MD, MBA, CPE, CPC, Cindy Hughes, CPC, CFPC, and Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC.
- Bronze Award for Best Case History from ASHPE for "How to Monitor Opioid Use for Your Patients With Chronic Pain," by Stefani A. Hudson, MD, and Leslie A. Wimsatt, PhD.