Friday Jul 12, 2019
2019 qualifying APM participant data now available
If you qualify for the Quality Payment Program (QPP) and participate in an alternative payment model (APMs)(qpp.cms.gov), you are eligible for a 5 percent incentive bonus and exempt from participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System(qpp.cms.gov).
But do you qualify? The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently updated its QPP Participation Status Tool(qpp.cms.gov) to now identify 2019 qualifying participants (QPs) based on the first snapshot of data from APM entities. The tool includes your 2019 QP status and whether your APM qualifies for the APM scoring standard.
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level, go to https://qpp.cms.gov/participation-lookup(qpp.cms.gov) and enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2019 eligibility at the APM entity level:
• Log into the CMS QPP website(qpp.cms.gov).
• Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity.
• Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI.
To learn more about how CMS determines QP and APM participation status for each snapshot, please view the QP Methodology Fact Sheet.(qpp-cm-prod-content.s3.amazonaws.com) For a comprehensive list of APMs(links.govdelivery.com), visit the QPP Resource Library(qpp.cms.gov). You can also call or email the Quality Payment Program Service Center:
• Phone: 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222)
• Email: QPP@CMS.HHS.GOV
– Kent Moore, Senior Strategist for Physician Payment at the American Academy of Family Physicians
Posted at 01:00PM Jul 12, 2019 by Kent Moore