Friday Feb 06, 2015
CMS answers your questions about ICD-10 testing
Among the takeaways from these FAQs:
• Physicians do not need to register for acknowledgement testing, but end-to-end testing volunteers must register on their Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) website during specific time periods.
• All Medicare fee-for-service electronic submitters can participate in acknowledgement testing, but CMS and its MACs will select only 50 testers per MAC jurisdiction for each round of end-to-end testing.
• Acknowledgement testing will not confirm payment; it will only confirm that the claim was accepted or rejected by Medicare. End-to-end testing, however, will provide an electronic remittance advice based on current year pricing.
• There is no limit on the number of acknowledgement test claims a physician can submit, but if selected for end-to-end testing, the physician may submit only 50 claims per test week.
The FAQs include a reminder that you may submit acknowledgement test claims anytime, although CMS encourages you to do acknowledgement testing during the highlighted testing weeks of March 2-6 and June 1-5. Those chosen for end-to-end testing must submit their test claims during the testing weeks of April 27–May 1 and July 20-24.
– Kent Moore, Senior Strategist for Physician Payment for the American Academy of Family Physicians
Posted at 10:31AM Feb 06, 2015 by David Twiddy