Wednesday Jul 22, 2020
Check your QPP participation status with updated CMS tool
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Tool(qpp.cms.gov) on July 20, based on data from Medicare Part-B claims with dates of service between Jan. 1 and March 31. The tool includes 2020 Alternative Payment Model (APM) Qualifying Participant (QP) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) participation status. If you qualify as a QP, you are:
- Eligible for the 5% APM(qpp.cms.gov) incentive bonus,
- Exempt from participating in MIPS(qpp.cms.gov).
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level:
- Visit the QPP Participation Status Tool(qpp.cms.gov),
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2020 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log into the CMS QPP website(qpp.cms.gov) (learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide(lnks.gd)),
- Find the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity,
- Access the “details” screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI.
If you have questions, contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, CMS advises you to call during non-peak hours — before 10:00 a.m. and after 2:00 p.m. ET.
— Kent Moore, Senior Strategist for Physician Payment at the American Academy of Family Physicians
Posted at 04:30PM Jul 22, 2020 by Kent Moore